Tuesday, February 26, 2008

MAGPIE MAGAZINE

I'm just finishing up a little something I've written for Magpie Magazine. It's a piece about plant folklore and magick. I will include Love Potion recipes! I hope they like it and it gets published! I'm submitting it for the new Issue #3 due out this Spring. Magpie reports: "The third issue of Magpie will be a handmade faerytale book, sewn together by two sister spiders in their lair of feathers and patchwork blankets. Due out at the beginning of 2008, it promises to be full of: twisted folklore, shapeshifters and seamstresses, wildfood recipes, snippets of creative souls, interviews with music makers, unique illustrators and poets wielding words like spells. We hope each copy to be a gift to every reader, of pressed flowers between pages of poems..." Doesn't that sound lovely?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The cover was illustrated by Julianna Swaney...I love her Artwork! Visit her website Oh My Cavalier or her Etsy Shop for more beauty!
If you'd like a copy of Magpie Magazine, go to their MySpace for more details...or email them at: magpiemagazine@yahoo.co.uk

8 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi ~ I stumbled upon you through Kimberlee's looking glass!

LOVELY BLOG!!! '-)

Will be back.

Best,
Chris :)

Rima Staines said...

Gosh what an interesting place you have here :) best wishes from Scotland :)

Adeline Jessica said...

i love it!!!!!
Have you heard of Edward Gorey??

Prairie Gothic said...

That magazine looks great!

Lady Lavona said...

Loooove Edward Gorey!

Mirella said...

You have a cool blog^^

Anonymous said...

oooh - magpie sounds great! I love everything in the blurb - I'll look for it! I finished sculpting Edgar today - it was challenging to get his expression (and what a forehead!) but I really enjoyed it and will definitely be trying more portrait dolls...

Mammoth said...

The Mammoth speaks; Arctic in summer and the air of mysticism of ancient beings as is left untouched by man's progress. Invited to see the art and expeditions to the high north which goes on every year for months on end. Fellow scrimshander artist since 1974. I have a "doll" of ivory in my blog that came out of the ice and is over three thousand years old, rather dark. Enjoy, WIlliam