Thursday, July 10, 2008

DEYROLLE

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Deyrolle, the amazing cabinet of curiosities boutique in the heart of Paris sadly suffered a major fire on February 1st, 2008. The fire ravaged about 80% of the a 170-year old establishment's natural history collection. The insects and butterflies were the worse hit, and Deyrolle is currently seeking an entomology vendor to help replace the collection. Read all about the fire, the store's resurrection efforts, and all the posted letters of sympathy on Deyrolle's blogsite. Gerard Depardieu is quoted: "there are no words - it's very violent. The fire is rich in symbol, it is perhaps a sign of a renaissance."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you live so close to the art show!! I can't wait, you'll have to show me some good stuff while I'm there- I love all of the things on your blog.

xo
kime