Friday, December 26, 2008

Chie Mihara Love

I'm not the kind of girl with a 100 pairs of trendy shoes in my closet. I'd rather hold out for a pair of MARVELOUS shoes! I'll beat around in the same shoes until the bottoms are really worn out, then I'll take them to the cobbler and have them re-soled and shined up to perfection! They're even better the second time around! I have a real fetish for handmade shoes...I especially covet ones made by Cydwoq and Chie Mihara. I just bought these amazing witchy oxfords by Chie Mihara (as a Christmas gift to myself)! I love the turned up toe...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I visited the site that was selling them several times to admire them, but I just couldn't afford it...almost $400! But I was more than happy to settle for a pair of Frye Ava or Adrienne Oxfords. I stopped back to have one last look and say goodbye to the Chie Mihara's I so coveted...and they were marked half off! Yay! I know you might think that's still expensive, but they are handmade and the design is timeless! If you've ever owned a pair you know what I mean...it's mad love!

9 comments:

rebekamitten said...

i agree, shoes are investments that carry you through the world. and when they're pretty, so much the better!

bloodmilk. said...

so funny, I was just telling my husband about women and their shoes, that a coveted pair is never too much......
xxoox

tamerajane said...

I just saw those for sale somewhere! I will poke around.

I am furious at Frye, I just bought -3- pairs of shoes/boots, and they turned out to be MADE IN CHINA now and absolute crap. I sent one pair back and another, worn after a month, are currently being repaired by my cobbler. I guess they sold out.

tamerajane said...

oh, i'm a goof, i just saw the half off bit. yay!!

Paul Baxendale said...

Lady Lavona, You're the best! Your frequent and always interesting posts keep me coming back for more! I thoroughly enjoyed the trip down memory lane you guided me on via your Depeche Mode "precious" video window-- I hadn't ever seen the video before-- gave me goosebumps! On the subject of shoes... Even the rugged, crafty gentleman succumbs to crippling bouts of shoe love from time to time, and my christmas dollars are currently going toward the hand made "Don" or "Donelson" boot from Missouri Boot and Shoe: http://missouribootandshoe.tripod.com/id5.html
They will be my first pair of historically accurate and hand made footwear!
Thanks for sharing your shoe love, Lady L!

Paul

Unknown said...

I love the turned up toe too - a few of my shoes have that, and personally I think it gives them character.

Enchanted Productions by Joyce Stahl said...

Ooooh....those are a wickedly wonderful pair of shoes!!!!! Good choice!

Joyce

LollyD said...

Oh, those witchy shoes are great! Since you love Cydwoqs and Chies (as do I!!!), you might be interested to learn that Ped Shoes is currently having a winter sale, and many of the fall Chie Mihara and Cydwoq styles are marked way down. Temptation city!!!

Lady Lavona said...

Oh, Ped Shoes...danger! Thanks for the link! xo