Monday, March 29, 2010

Full Crow Moon...

Happy Full Moon! March's Crow Moon heralds the end of winter...yay! I'm looking forward to a busy Spring and Summer! I've been invited to participate in an all female group art exhibition in June, so I've started working on some new pieces. I want to cover some old bottles and stones with leather so I started doing a little research on leather sculpting. At one point I googled "leather covered objects" and my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I stumbled across designer Natalia Brilli. Her line of leather covered sculptural objects, handbags, jewelry and accessories can be found at gravitypope. Here are a couple of my favorites from her collection!

jay bird skull pendant...

leather covered coyote skull...

2 comments:

mlle g. said...

Oh, Natalia Brilli! Have you seen her skull bags? They are Brill-iant.
OH GOD I AM SORRY, I couldn't help myself :P

http://www.refinery29.com/cram-your-lipstick-into-your-c.php

Lady Lavona said...

Yes!!! What I want to know how she covers everything so seamlessly? Brilliant!